KRING is a venture studio and family of impact funds based in Copenhagen. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) will explain how KRING collects, uses and shares the personal data we collect from you in the course of operating our business and when you use our websites. This Notice is in accordance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and is in relation to individuals outside of KRING (referred to as “you” or “your” in this Notice).
In this Notice when reference is made to KRING or we, our, us we mean KRING A/S, Ragnagade 7, 2100 Copenhagen.
This Notice describes:
- What is personal data?
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we share information with third parties?
- Sharing of data in other circumstances
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies and what is our Cookies Policy?
- Why do we share data outside of the EU/EEA?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us?
- How to contact the appropriate authorities?
1. What is ‘personal data’?
GDPR defines ‘personal data’ as meaning any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’) using information directly or indirectly associated with you.
2. What data do we collect?
As a data controller, we collect personal data to deliver our services. This includes:
- Personal information: name, gender, date of birth, age, signature, nationality, and professional credentials or background;
- Contact information
- Employment/business information
- Communications and information
- Financial and screening information
- Information relating to compliance matters
- Special categories of personal data
- Technical information
- Information about your visit to our website
- Preferences and views
- Transaction-related information
Your personal data may be collected by us directly from you or it may be supplied to us by another party. We may also collect personal data from other publicly or commercially available sources. By voluntarily providing us with your personal data, you are consenting to our use of it in accordance with this Notice.
3. How do we collect your data?
You directly provide KRING with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
Register online through our forms for a meeting and/or newsletters/updates, or submit a application for our job opportunities.
Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
At the time of employment or when leaving your position and joining internal email lists
Join us or our portfolio companies as an advisor and/or investor.
Attend our events such as Digital Tech Summit, friday bars, other online and offline events
KRING may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
4. How will we use your data?
KRING collects your data so that we can:
We collect personal data of people we think may be potential founders for our ventures, as well as for recruitment into KRING portfolio companies. This may include names, contact information, and past career experiences. Data is collected through consensually disclosed information (to our team or at events) or publicly available sources such as LinkedIn and similar social media outlets, and may be used for occasional targeted communications. This is on the grounds of our legitimate interest as a business that is premised on finding and developing the best entrepreneurial talent and is processed in accordance to regularly conducted legitimate interest assessment. We process this data for recruitment purposes (into founder companies and/or KRING) only. The data is not transferred to third parties.
Data which you have provided or which we have found on LinkedIn and other public sources when looking to fill an open position is stored in our applicant data system at TheHub.io. We will keep this data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed. With regard to recruitment, we will keep this data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position in question. When that period is over, we will keep the data for up to a further 12 months. Similar obligations and processes apply for KRING’s recruitment of potential advisors, venture co-creation partners, and investors.
By attending KRING events such as investor meetings, pitches, and more you permit KRING to make on-site recordings in which you may be included, by any means, such as video recording and photography. The videos and photos may be used in marketing or editorial material, as long as they are related to the article subject. You may request to be exempted from this by informing our team member at the event you attend or emailing our social media responsible, Johan Duus, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Websites and email:
Email you with opportunities that we think you may be interested in pursuing with us, our advisors or venture co-creation partner or supporters
Processing your data for the purpose of employment at KRING or KRING portfolio companies
5. How do we share information with third parties?
If you agree, KRING, will share your data with the authorized third parties referred to herein. We may share personal data with the following third parties:
- Third party service providers: We use a range of third party service providers to deliver our services and develop our products. These include: Active Campaign, G-suite, Slack, and Typeform. This Notice does not apply to such third party websites, and KRING is not responsible for the content of such third party websites or the privacy practices of such third parties. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any third parties upon disclosing your information to such parties or visiting such third party websites.
- Investors, advisors, venture co-creation partners and supporters: We will seek your consent before sharing personal data with any of these third parties. The investors, advisors, venture partners and supporters we potentially share your personal data with are all listed on our website.
6. Sharing of data in other circumstances
There are certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, to prevent fraud against KRING and/or our business partners, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
KRING’s website is not designed for or directed towards children 16 years of age or under. We do not collect or maintain personal data about anyone 16 years of age or under.
If you do not consent to how we will use your data please contact us by writing to email@example.com
7. How do we store your data?
We value the security of your personal data and take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure it is protected from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Through our infrastructure, policies and internal training, we incorporate measures that:
- ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services
- restore the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in event of a physical or technical incident
- regularly test, assess and evaluate the effectiveness of technical and organisational measures for ensuring the security of the processing
KRING will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary or as permitted by other applicable national rules, such as national Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism legislation. Once this time period has expired, we will delete or anonymize your data by removing it from our Google Drive as well as any products and services.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing. We collect limited personal data, such as names and email addresses, in order to communicate with business contacts, build brand awareness, share updates, publicise events, and fulfil other general marketing purposes. We do so through occasional email communications, ensuring minimal privacy impact.
You have the right at any time to stop KRING from contacting you of any marketing communications or giving your data to other KRING companies by clicking unsubscribe in our emails or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
9. What are your data protection rights?
KRING would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request KRING for copies of your personal data. We may charge you an administrative fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that KRING correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request KRING to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that KRING erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that KRING restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to KRING’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that KRING transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com or write to us at KRING A/S, Ragnagade 7, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark.
10. What are cookies and what is our cookies policy?
Which cookies do we use and how do we use them?
We use third-party analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel and LinkedIn Analytics to analyse how our website is being used. The information generated through the use of these cookies will be analysed to come up with reports and insights which help us improve the site over time.
Our providers’ privacy policies can be found at:
How do I turn off cookies?
You can control and/or delete cookies at your own discretion – learn how to do so at aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. By doing this, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off.
11. Why do we share data outside of the EU/EEA?
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for example, if a third party we share data with has servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case, we will ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU GDPR guidelines. You can request more details on the protection given to your personal information when it is transferred outside the EEA, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Privacy policies of other websites
13. How to contact us?
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal information or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, please contact us.
You can do this by writing to us at email@example.com
Data Protection Officer: Johan Duus Terkelsen
14. How to contact the appropriate authorities
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that KRING has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact:
Carl Jacobsens Vej 35
Tlf. 33 19 32 00
Last Updated: 1 June 2022